Friday, October 06, 2006

Bits and pieces

I had my induction training today for my first proper job! Everything went well. I've been given a permanent contract which I was suprised at because quite a few of the others were only given temporary contracts until December. The funniest thing happened though. We were given overtime sheets to fill in what hours we were prepared to work for the next 4 weeks because of it being a new store opening. So I filled in just about every hour I could apart from when I had something on, thinking that they would allocate shifts in between those times. Oh no... at the end of the day we were told that our working hours would be our contracted hours and whatever we had put on this sheet! LOL! So for the next 4 weeks I'm going to be very, very busy!! Some days I've put down for 8am - 8pm too! Oh well... it'll all go towards the wedding and possibly clothes and cross stitch stash ;)

Craig has had his shifts changed too so he now works 1:30pm 'til 9:30pm and 12am - 7pm on Fridays. He's not very happy at the minute because he's sieving all day and he's working with some really annoying guy.

Things are slowly coming together for the wedding though I still haven't finished the invites. I worked on them and the place cards all the beginning of the week and then got fed up. I just have the reply cards and some small envelopes to print and they're finished. I made 50 place cards so there should be plenty.

Anyway, I think that's all the latest bits and pieces. I better move myself and go shopping or we'll be starving this week!

No comments: