Sunday, January 10, 2010

A different kind of stitch

I've been subscribing to The Art of Knitting for 90 issues now. The idea is in the 1st issue you learn to knit and each one you learn to make a different square and it all makes up into a throw. It also includes patterns, stitch library and other useful information and you get all the wool to make the throw too. I've been meaning to get down to doing it for ages but just haven't had the opportunity.

Last week what do I see on tv but an advert for The Art of Crochet! I'd love to crochet so after much persuading and a promise that I would start the knitting one I was allowed to buy it.

So good to my word, I sat down this week and learnt to cast on, knit, purl and cast off. This was my practice piece.
It's rubbish really but I was very thrilled with myself lol! The top and bottom sections are garter stitch and the middle is stocking stitch.

I also got a photo of my cushion cover from the other day.


No comments: