Monday, July 30, 2007

Rollercoaster ride.

Well after all the good news there was bound to be some bad to follow.

We spent the first weekend at our new house with no electricity because the meter needed resetting and then we had to cook with a camping stove because we had an electric cooker and the house only took gas. We had to buy a new cooker on credit and it arrived Friday. It's so nice to have proper meals again! We also have problems with the heating and lots of other little things that the landlord needs to sort out. Other than that I'm slowly getting on with the unpacking. I've taken 3 days holidays to try and get on top of things a bit more. I'll get there eventually.

Also most importantly, the day after my dad had his new kidney he had it taken back out because it wasn't working. Needless to say he wasn't best pleased. He's recovering now and is doing ok but he's still very tired and having to make regular trips to and from the hospital.

Though I do have some good news of a kind. One of my best mates from school recently made his debut in the West End playing a part in Les Miserables. He's a fantastic singer and I wouldn't be at all suprised to see him in a lead role in the near future. His name is Gareth Nash so watch this space!

No comments: