Friday, May 20, 2011

I'm still here...

Well, we moved house and have more or less settled. Today I finally got the all important letter - I've been approved as a Registered Childminder. Yay me!! And so starts a new chapter of my life I guess... the adventure of being self employed! As for stitching...well let's just say it hasn't been my top priority lately. I've done small bits on Baby Boy Sunshine Line but mainly because I realised it was the intended baby's first birthday last month and I'm no where near finishing it!

I caught up with my e-mails and signed up for a Lizzie Kate exchange on my cross stitch group so I'm hoping that will kick me back into action. Meanwhile, here's the last picture I took of United in Love.


The couching with the perle cotton is turning out real nice even if it is rather fiddly to do. I'm very pleased with the way it is turning out so far. I think maybe it will be laid aside for now until I finish my exchange and Baby Boy Sunshine Line though.

6 comments:

Claudette497 said...

Congratulations on your new stage of employment. I was an infant/toddler teacher, and it was a great time. I hope you have fun helping your little ones figure out life!

Gabi said...

Your stitching is just gorgeous. Love the couching and love the rose.
Congrats with being an approved child minder. :)
Hope your move went smooth and well

htimcj said...

Beautiful stitchin! I hope you enjoy your new child care adventure!
Heidi-ILCS

Carolyn NC said...

Very pretty!

Shelley said...

United in Love is simply beautiful. It looks like fine lace!

Welcome back and congrats on the approval.

Anonymous said...

Hope you get settled soon in your new house and congratulations on becoming a Registered Child-minder. Your picture is beautiful.

Marl